Fabricated Heat Sinks
While heat sinks made from aluminum extrusions are an economical choice good for many applications, under some circumstances they are not suitable:
- Very high and/or very dense heat loads.
- High ratios of fin height to fin spacing (>10:1).
- Need to remove heat from sealed enclosures.
- A heat sink is required that can't be extruded for some reason.
- A prototype is needed for which no existing extrusion will work.
- Aluminum does not have sufficient thermal conductivity.
When other thermal dissipation techniques must be used, Tran-Tec offers fabricated heat options including: